About The EventExperience the Art of Winemaking.
Perfect for wine enthusiasts and newbies alike, Behind the Cellar Door is a weekend filled with world-class Amador wine, delectable food pairings, barrel samples, hard-to-find vintages and wine education, all in an intimate Amador Wine Country setting. For more than 25 years, Amador Vintners’ member wineries have invited guests Behind the Cellar Door for one of the most entertaining and educational wine events anywhere.
At each stop, guests will enjoy a the following included with all General Admission tickets: a flight of 4-6 wines (including at least one barrel sample), thoughtful food pairings, and an educational experience delivered by knowledgeable, friendly staff. And, each admission ticket includes a commemorative wine glass to take home!
NOTE: Designated Driver ticket holders will receive no alcohol of any kind (no exceptions) nor a commemorative wine glass. DDs may enjoy food offerings, educational components and entertainment, as applicable.
Our 2021 event will look a little different than previous years…
Our first priority is the safety of our guests and staff. Strict COVID safety protocols will be adhered to at all Amador Vintners member wineries, including capacity restrictions to ensure adequate physical distancing.
- For BCD 2021, all experiences will be BY RESERVATION ONLY and guests will choose their weekend adventure when purchasing a ticket. All reservations will be made through the Cellar Pass system as part of the ticketing process. Guests will choose up to four (4) stops per day. Reservations will all take place at the same times each day at 40 of our member wineries.
- Group size will be limited to 6 (six) people. No exceptions.
- All tickets for your group must be purchased together in one transaction. For example, if you are a group of four (two couples), you will need to designate one person to purchase the tickets in one transaction; reservations/parties may not be combined either before the event or at winery locations the day of the event.
- Each winery will have capacity restrictions; therefore, reservations will fill up quickly so you will want to book early, especially for larger groups (4-6 people).
- Guests will not be able to book overlapping reservations. Each reservation will be for a one hour experience and a 30 minute travel/transition period will exist between all reservations.
- There will be no day-of ticket sales and advanced ticket sales will end on Sunday March 21st.
Winery offerings can be found by CLICKING HERE.
You will want to review the winery offerings and have a good idea of your first, second and third choices when you start the ticketing process.
Each ticket is valid for up to four (4) stops per day. In order to maximize your experience and get to four (4) stops, we suggest planning your days following one of two possible time tracks:
10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM
11:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM and 3:30 PM
NOTE: All attendees must have ticket to attend Behind the Cellar Door. You must be 21 years or older to purchase or possess a General Admission ticket. Those under 21 may only attend the event as a Designated Driver and must have a Designated Driver ticket.
An event produced by